A Law Firm for Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
Our Legal Process Outsourcing Services are of several kinds. Any process that is regular and requires a paralegal or Attorney to work remotely can be shipped to our office at highly reasonable rates. We support several law firms across United States, Britain, Canada, Australia to outsource their processes to India. With State-of-art facilities and highly trained staff we can out perform output and quality. Some of successful delivery model is as under:
Law Firm Marketing Support
Social Media Strategy for Law Firms: An Australian Law Firm uses Jotwani Associates for Social Media Marketing to increase website traffic. Lawyers at Jotwani Associates read Australian Judgments and write a blog on the same. The IT-team then posts the blogs at more than 50 sites and also at the social media groups. As a result of its efforts (at very small fraction of costs), the website of the Law Firm has seen 200 percent increase in 1 year, as per the Google Analytics reports.
1. Legal Research at Westlaw: A legal research organization assisting several law firms in New York has engaged Jotwani Associates to carry out legal research on different legal issues and take out similar judgments affecting its case. It handovers facts and legal issues for which Jotwani Associates Lawyers ( 3 year experience), use Lexis to prepare Memo for the Legal research organization.
2. Legal Forms filings at Court Websites: A mid-sized Texas law firm having approximately 20 Attorneys specialized in Accident Claims cases. The legal process required client filling up forms, engagement cum educational kit to be sent out to clients, preparing legal notice based on facts provided by client, preparing suit to be filed in the Courts. Jotwani Associates stepped in to automate the process whereby when the client fills up the form, it is automatically emails to Attorneys in U.S. & India. An Attorney in India sends out an email kit (based on the facts provided by client), uploads the files, sends out a notice to insurance, prepares the suit. The outsourcing partner wanted to be sure of the quality and therefore the workflow system was developed for proper “Approvals” to be given by Texas partners. The Texas law firm now employees 7 full time legal associates working in India on different aspects of the Accident Claims, including Litigation Support in a trial.
Data Processing in E-Discovery: A large US law firm uses Jotwani Associates for Litigation E-Discovery. It ftp’s 25-50 GB data regularly on Jotwani Associates maintained servers. Jotwani Associates team uses modern E-Discovery tools such as Clearwell, CaseLogitix, Concordance for processing data – DeNist, Dedupe, Search, Covert and Produce. The produced data can be reviewed anywhere in the world by using cloud services.
Document Review is another big chunk of work that is performed by Jotwani Associates; Reviewing documents and preparing privilege log for Court Cases and SEC investigations.
Contract Vetting Support
Contract Vetting: A Fortune 500 IT-Company in Los Angeles, California uses 2- Attorneys of Jotwani Associates to review their procurement and sales contracts. The Attorneys in India work on specified guidelines to highlight low, medium and high risk with their contracts.
Online Piracy: A software company’s Brand Protection department in the Bay-area, has engaged Jotwani Associates investigators to trace its products available online with websites like e-bay, torrent, etc. Investigators help in locating targets and also do Test Purchase in name of specified companies. A report is prepared every week on the status of location of each target.
Trademark Filings for Intellectual Property Firms: Our client has several big pharmaceutical companies as its client. It needs to do approximately 1000 searches in one month. Two trademark paralegals with pharama domain knowledge search USPTO and OHIM marks to put in the database. Subsequently an Attorney reviews the conflicting marks and even gives his/ her recommendation on potential overlapings.
1. Anaqua Handling: 3 Paralegals are trained to deal with IP portfolio of large software development company based out of California, U.S.. The paralegals work on the workflow system to ensure that all Invention Disclosure Forms are filled up completely and then marked in queue for review for the next stage. The paralegals also ensure that a proper filteration of an Invention Diclosue is reflected at Anaqua.
2. Drafting Drawings: A small, but a very busy law firm having big multinational clients all over world realized that they would spend substantial time only drawing figures in Patent Applications for USPTO. Around 25% of the time in drafting a Patent Application would be spent on drawing figures. Moreover they did not have modern tools so that quality was not uniform. The law firm approached Jotwani Associates for Legal Processes Outsourcing. They wanted engineering talent that could only draw figures as per the USPTO specifications. All the Patent Attorneys in the firm now engage Jotwani Associates to draw figures. This legal outsourcing model has proved that the firm now has good quality figures, done in time, and also saving at least 15% of costs in drafting one Patent Application.
HR Legal Support
Background Checks: A leading HR consultancy firm in Australia has engaged Jotwani Associates to do background checks on specified employees on their previous jobs, credit-worthiness, and/or criminal record checks as available in public, and some proprietary database maintained by a Industry Body. Jotwani Associates investigators prepare a report in a pre-defined template and submit the same every 2 days.
Debt Collection Support
1. Judgment Validation for Debt Collection law firm: Our client is a New York based law firm that supports Debt Collection Agency. The Agency intends to buy 12000-14000 Judgments from Decree-Holders per month across United States. In order to purchase the judgments, it wants to make sure that the Judgment is still valid and also verify the name of Plaintiff, Defendant and the Judgment-amount. Every week, our client uploads tiff images of Judgments. The team sitting in India completes the predefined fields using “Westlaw” and uploads the excel sheets while giving final report on the validity of judgements.
2. Skip Tracing for Debt Collection law firm: It involves skills to investigate web based consumer information to ascertain location of a target. End product is expected to be latest information (Job description, phone number, wage garnishment information, if available) about the target.
3. Subpoena Processes for Debt Collection law firm: It involves analyzing credit report of target consumers from various data furnishers in United States. Open Credit Lines of target consumers are identified. The most suitable creditor of the target is identified and report is send back to our customer. On the bases of our report, our customer sends subpoena for attachment to the creditors.
More information about Legal Process Outsourcing services are: E-Discovery; Data Collection; Document Review; Preparing Privilege Log; SEC Investigations; Debt collection; Chapter 7 and 11 proceedings; Subpoena process; Credit Bureau Proceedings, Lease Abstractions; License Abstractions; Trademark and Patent Filings; patent drafting; patent valuations; Freedom to Operate Studies; tracking online Piracy; Take-Down of Infringing content; Real estate documentation;